Hida-shi, Gifu, Japan
Language: English, 日本語
► About Me
- Hi my name is Shingo. Just in case I don't look like the profile picture which was taken at Holy festival in India. I grew up in Hida Furukawa, spending 18 years in the town. After high school, I went to university around Tokyo and had an opportunity to study at California State University as an exchange student.
- My first career was investment banker in Tokyo, which coincided the time Sub-prime crisis started to appear. Spending 7 years in the bank, I learned and experienced so many important things.
- In 2011, Great East Japan Earthquake happened. This made me feel like going back to my hometown more although I always thought about it.
- Before going back, I decided to take an MBA program in UK, which was one of my dreams.
- Now I am back in my hometown in order to achieve my vision: Revitalize my hometown by making the town famous in the world.
- In order to do so and to improve my knowledge about my hometown, I have decided to do Hida Free Tours as a volunteer.
► My Hobbies
- Love traveling, reading, skateboarding, and guiding my hometown to people from all over the world.
- Most recently interested in European history
► Favorite Quotes
- Be a traveler, not a tourist
- You will never fail until you stop trying
- Stay hungry stay foolish
- You are the average of 5 people you spent most time with
► My best travel experience
- Travel to Brussels in July 2015. At first honestly speaking I did not have good impression on the city when I arrived. After taking walking tour by local, everything looked different and I got to like the city. This experience was really something to me. A guide by a true local has huge power.
- Backpacking to India was really fun as well. I made a local friend and he invited me to visit his company's office. We ate local food together and he even gave me souvenirs! It was all done by good will.
HIDA FREE TOUR (Not Kyoto but Hida Furukawa & Takayama, Gifu)
HIDA FREE TOUR (Not Tokyo but Hida Furukawa & Takayama, Gifu)
Copyright© Donuts Bangkok, co. ltd. All rights Reserved.
We NEVER post without your permission