Hakone is one of the best sightseeing spots with twenty five thousand tons of hot spring water and 20 kinds of hot springs.
Take a Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Tokyo. After that, a mountain train that runs through valleys, a ropeway that allows you to view beautiful Mr. Fuji on a sunny day and cruising at Lake Ashi.
Owakudani is the place where you can see the real volcanic activity.
The basic itinerary is as follows,
8:30 Meet at your Hotel and move to Tokyo or Shinagawa by train.
9:26 Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Tokyo or Shinagawa to Odawara.
Please be noted that this is not the fastest Shinkansen, but it runs at a speed of about 260km/hr.
10:13 Train from Odawara to Hakone Yumoto.
10:30 Mountain train from Hakone Yumoto to Gora for about 40 minutes.
This mountain train runs through valleys. From the middle of June to the Middle of July, hydrangeas along the line are so beautiful.
Cable car and ropeway from Gora to Owakudani for about 20 minutes.
From this ropeway, you can enjoy beautiful Mt. Fuji on a sunny day.
Strolling Owakudani for about one hour.
You can see the real volcanic activity and a black egg boiled in the hot spring is famous here
Ropeway from Owakudani to Lake Ashi for about 20 minutes.
Cruising at Lake Ashi for about 30 minutes.
16:30 Bus from Lake Ashi to Odawara.
17:42 Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Odawara to Tokyo or Shinagawa.
18:16 Arrive at Tokyo or Shinagawa and move back to your hotel.
The above is the basic itinerary and you can select one more activity from the list below.
- Dropping by souvenir shops and take a hot spring at Hakone Yumoto. But you have to be naked to take a hot spring bath. (Admission fee for a hot spring bath : 1,000 – 1,500JPY/person)
- Fujiya hotel. A historical hotel opened in 1878.
- Hakone Open-Air Museum with many unique sculptures, Picasso Gallery and hot spring footbath. (Admission fee : 1,600JPY/person)
- Gora Park. European garden and Japanese garden. (Admission free if you have Hakone Free Pass)
- Hakone Historical Checking Station and Hakone Shrine. (Admission fee : 500JPY/person)
- Narukawa Art Museum. You can appreciate fine Japanese paintings. (Admission fee : 1,300JPY/person)
8:30am - 18:30pm
At your hotel in Tokyo
Price Doesn't Include:
Transportation Cost (you and the guide) 2-way discount ticket for Shinkansen : 4630JPY/Person Hakone free pass : 4000 JPY/Person
Lunch (you and the guide)
Admission Fee (you and the guide)
Login / Register
► About Me
I’m Hideaki Murayama. Just call me “Mura” or “Mura-san”. “San” means “Mr.” or "Ms." in Japanese.
I'm a "National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter" in English.
My basic policy as a tour guide is to entertain my guests with my best hospitality. I really like to see my guests smiling. I myself also enjoy chatting with my guest about not only a general explanation about Japanese culture and history but everything based on my experiences and hobbies.
Let’s enjoy a wonderful tour in Japan !
► My Hobbies
My hobbies are playing golf, listening classical music and watching football.
► My best travel experience
I have experiences to live in the following cities on business.
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) Four years
- Nantong (China) One and half years,
- Jakarta (Indonesia) One and half years
- Baton Rouge (Louisiana, USA) Two years.
Copyright© Donuts Bangkok, co. ltd. All rights Reserved.
We NEVER post without your permission