Hi, my friend and i will visiting to Saigon on mid of April, will be staying at Dong Khoi Street, any good schedule to recommend?
Hi, if this is the first time you visit HCMC, I think you should visit famous places in HCMC like Bến Thành market, museums, Reunification Palace, Bitexco building, etc.
You can check here: https://meetrip.to/hochiminhcity/places
Beside these famous places in travel books, I also recommend street foods. There are many small restaurant..serving on the HCMC street. All you need to do is noticing some places which have many local Vietnamese eating there, maybe (or luckily)that small restaurant has delicious dish.
Or if you need a tour guide in HCMC, just feel free to contact me ^^
This is something to explore and pay attention in Ho chi minh city. I collected them from my experience and my friends:
Ho Chi Minh museum: 01 Nguyen Tat Thanh st, ward 12, district 4, Ho chi minh city
War Remnants museum: 28 Vo Van Tan, in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
Independence Palace (Reunification Palace): 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
South Women's Museum: 202 Vo Thi Sau street, Dist.3, Ho Chi Minh City
THE MOST FAMOUS BATTLEGROUNDS OF THE VIETNAM WAR
Cu Chi tunnel: http://mishalov.com/Vietnam_Cu-Chi.html
To come Cu Chi tunnel:
Going by public bus you first have to take bus 13 No at Ben Thanh station and go all the way to the end station in Cu Chi.
At the Cu Chi bus station you have to take another bus -79 No, which takes you directly to the tunnels. There are several signs along the way saying Cu Chi tunnels (in Vietnamese- Dia dao Cu Chi), so you can’t miss it.
Bus 13 to Cu Chi: 5000 Dong, journey time around 60 min
Bus 79 to the tunnels: 4000 Dong, journey time around 30 min
At the tunnels, the entrance fee is 90.000 Dong (which is NOT included in the price for the special tourist bus).
To come back Ben Thanh market:
Take bus 79 No in front of Cu Chi tunnel at main entrance (where you get oFf before) to direct Cu Chi bus station. Last, take bus No 13 to back Ben Thanh market.
Thien Hau Temple in the Cho Lon (Chinatown) district of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Xa Loi Pagoda (89 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, District 3)
Quoc Tu Pagoda (244 Ba Thang Hai Street, District 10)
Cao Dai Temple (Street 60 Number 6, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City)
Jade Emperor Pagoda (73 Mai Thị Lựu, Đa Kao, District 1)
Mariamman Hindu Temple (45 D Truong Dinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
Giac Lam Pagoda (118 Lac Long Quan Street, District 5. Open 6am to noon then 2 to 8:30pm.)
THE OTHER SIGHT SEEING
Ben Thanh market: at the intersection of Le Loi, Ham Nghi, Tran Hung Dao Avenues and Le Lai street
(Recommend: You can visit to Ben Thanh market, try some food but shouldn’t buy souvenirs at there. At night, you can try some beer around there)
Cho Lon market (Binh Tay market) in China Town Saigon: District 5, HCMC
(Recommend 1: You can take a bus No 01 from Ben Thanh bus station to Cho Lon bus station (final station), Cho Lon market is nearby Cho Lon bus station. After take around there, come back Cho Lon bus station to take back in Ben Thanh market by a bus No 01)
(Recommend 2: You can buy goods in Cho Lon market but have to take a bargain- from 20% to 30% discount)
Bach Dang riverside: opposite to Majestic Hotel is on 01 Dong Khoi st, District 01, HCMC
(Recommend: visit to here on evening)
Can Gio Beach
Some tour to Can Gio beach:
(Recommend: You can take 02 buses to Can Gio beach yourself:
From Ben Thanh Bus Station (in front of Ben Thanh Market), take a bus No.20 to Binh Khanh ferry (Nha Be District - 3000dong/pax). When the bus stop. You buy a ticket ferry (1000dong/pax no motor). After pass the Binh Khanh ferry, you take a bus No.90 to Can Gio Beach.
On the way to Can Gio beach, you can stop to visit Vam Sat, Mokey Insland, ....
Ask the bus driver or bus assistant the place you want to stop. (cos there is not any fix station).
Highest Building in Ho chi minh city
TOURISM LOCATIONS IN NEIGHBOR CITIES
Mekong river delta
Tour to Da Lat
Vung Tau beach
Phu Quoc island
Mui Ne, Phan Thiet
FOODS AND RESTAURANTS
Bun bo Hue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BAn_b%C3%B2_Hu%E1%BA%BF): Bun Bo Hue Dong Ba restaurant, 110A Nguyen Du st, Ben Thanh ward, District 1.
Lau ca keo (hot spot includes a special kind of fish : http://naungon.com/lau-ca-bong-keo-la-giang/): 4 Nguyen Thi Dieu st, ward 6, district 3
Pan cake (made from rice, green bean, meat, shrimp,…: http://www.gianghuongvietnam.com/vi/thong-tin-su-kien/thong-tin-am-thuc/58-banh-xeo-da-nang.html) 74 Suong Nguyet Anh, Ben Thanh ward, district 1 or 190 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, ward 6, district 3.
Sweet food (made from water, sticky rice, green bean, sugar, many kinds of beans,…: http://naungon.com/huong-vi-che/) Che Ky Dong, 153/7 Ky Dong st, ward 9, district 3
* Lunch Lady (Nguyen Thi Thanh) (foods for lunch): 23 Hoang Sa st, Da Kao ward, Dist 1
* Sweet foods: 399/43 Nguyen Dinh Chieu st, District 3
* Beef with a kind of leaf Co Lien: 321 Vo Van Tan, Distict 3 (at the intersection of Vo Van Tan and Nguyen Thuong Hien)
* Rice 07 Shop: 07 Nguyen Van Trang, District 1 (at the intersection of Nguyen Van Trang and Le Lai)
* Cho Do Do shop: 10/14 Luong Huu Khanh, District 1, HCMC (rice with food of Center area of Vietnam)
* Sticky rice and sweet foods: 111 - 111 Bui Thi Xuan, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1(at the intersection of Bui Thi Xuan and Cong Quynh)
* Snacks: 51/44 Cao Thang, ward 3, District 3, HCM or
Nguyen Canh Chan st, District 1, HCMC
* Pha lau (made from cow stomach, liver and organs, coconut sauce): http://photo.yeah1.com/showthread.php?t=100019&langid=1) 51/22/21 Cao Thang st, District 3 – Ho Chi Minh city
* Banh Căn (rice powder cake is fried; shrimp, octopus, mushroom on the top) , Bánh canh (big rice noodle, soup, fish,…) 98 Le Hong Phong st, ward 4, Dist 5, HCMC
* Campuchia Market (a lots of Campuchia food and Vietnamese food) 374 Le Hong Phong st (alley), ward 1, dist 10, HCMC.
* Spring roll, ….: Nuoc mia shop (93 Cach Mang Thang Tam, Dist 1)
TAXI AND PRIVATE BUS BRANCH
1. Mai Linh taxi, bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&...)
2. Hoan Long taxi, bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&...)
3. Vinasun taxi , bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&...)
Read it to get information (http://www.vietnamtravel.org/taxis-saigon-avoid-being-taken-...).
HOSTEL and HOTEL
1. Ngoc Thao hostel: 241/4 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1,
2. Ruby Hostel: 241/19A1 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1,
Price: 7-8 USD/person/day in big room has 4-6 beds.
3. New York Hotel at 175/14 pham ngu lao street, district 1
Price: about 25 USD/room with 2 beds (1 small, 1 large) , you can stay 3 person.
Or about 20 USD/room with 1 beds for 2 person.
4. Ngọc Han hotel: 139-141 Ho Ba Kien street, District 10.
Price: 15-16 USD/day in a private room for 2 people. This hotel is new brand.
Be careful with your phones, bags, wallet, purse when walking and taking a motorbike on the street
Ask price before take a motorbike to go (down to 60-80% for bargain)
I try to draft a schedule for u
Start at 8:30 AM
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Independence Palace
- Notre-Dame – Church
- Central Post office
- Street coffee at the April 30th park
- Sai Gon Opera House
- War Remnants Museum
- Lunch at Ngon restaurant
2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Shopping at Saigon Square (Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street)
- Mariamman Hindu Temple (Truong Dinh street)
- Eat Hot pot (Ba Huyen Thanh Quan street)
- Bar Acoustic (Ngo Thoi Nhiem)
Hope u enjoy ur time in HCMC.
Thanks, i will discuss with my friend.
Please login to answer:
We NEVER post without your permission
Want to check out the list of local activities that showcase what to do in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon/HCMC)? Browse through activities and contact Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon/HCMC) locals!
Copyright© Donuts Bangkok, co. ltd. All rights Reserved.