Do you know anywhere cheap and good to stay in Ho Chi Minh as I am coming by myself? This will be my first time to travel alone. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks. ((:
you can stay in somewhere in Bui Vien street, District 1..because i saw a lot of foreigners stay there :)
yea, thats the most suitable place. Pham Ngu Lao is also near Bui Vienm where have people who can speak good English
what do you want to do at HCM? Please tell something you interesting? May be i help you :) welcome^^
Bui Vien and Pham Ngu Lao are good slots to look for a good and resonable room to rent. Its price is about 300 to 350.000 VND for a room per day ( 15 to 17 USD). Wish you a good trip! ^^
My friends from US, Ecuador had stayed on Pham Ngu Lao street with cheap price.
1. Ngoc Thao hostel: 241/4 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1, phone: 08-38385706
2. Ruby Hostel: 241/19A1 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1, phone: 08-38364542
Price: 7-8 USD/person/day in big room has 4-6 beds.
3. Ngọc Han hotel: 139-141 Ho Ba Kien street, District 10.
Price: 15-16 USD/person/day in a private room. This hotel is new brand.
Ho Chi Minh museum: 01 Nguyen Tat Thanh st, ward 12, district 4, Ho chi minh city
War Remnants museum: 28 Vo Van Tan, in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
Independence Palace (Reunification Palace): 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
South Women's Museum: 202 Vo Thi Sau street, Dist.3, Ho Chi Minh City
THE MOST FAMOUS BATTLEGROUNDS OF THE VIETNAM WAR
Cu Chi tunnel: http://mishalov.com/Vietnam_Cu-Chi.html
To come Cu Chi tunnel:
Going by public bus you first have to take bus 13 No at Ben Thanh station and go all the way to the end station in Cu Chi.
At the Cu Chi bus station you have to take another bus -79 No, which takes you directly to the tunnels. There are several signs along the way saying Cu Chi tunnels (in Vietnamese- Dia dao Cu Chi), so you can’t miss it.
Bus 13 to Cu Chi: 5000 Dong, journey time around 60 min
Bus 79 to the tunnels: 4000 Dong, journey time around 30 min
At the tunnels, the entrance fee is 90.000 Dong (which is NOT included in the price for the special tourist bus).
To come back Ben Thanh market:
Take bus 79 No in front of Cu Chi tunnel at main entrance (where you get oFf before) to direct Cu Chi bus station. Last, take bus No 13 to back Ben Thanh market.
Thien Hau Temple in the Cho Lon (Chinatown) district of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Xa Loi Pagoda (89 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, District 3)
Quoc Tu Pagoda (244 Ba Thang Hai Street, District 10)
Cao Dai Temple (Street 60 Number 6, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City)
Jade Emperor Pagoda (73 Mai Thị Lựu, Đa Kao, District 1)
Mariamman Hindu Temple (45 D Truong Dinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
Giac Lam Pagoda (118 Lac Long Quan Street, District 5. Open 6am to noon then 2 to 8:30pm.)
THE OTHER SIGHT SEEING
Ben Thanh market: at the intersection of Le Loi, Ham Nghi, Tran Hung Dao Avenues and Le Lai street
(Recommend: You can visit to Ben Thanh market, try some food but shouldn’t buy souvenirs at there. At night, you can try some beer around there)
Cho Lon market (Binh Tay market) in China Town Saigon: District 5, HCMC
(Recommend 1: You can take a bus No 01 from Ben Thanh bus station to Cho Lon bus station (final station), Cho Lon market is nearby Cho Lon bus station. After take around there, come back Cho Lon bus station to take back in Ben Thanh market by a bus No 01)
(Recommend 2: You can buy goods in Cho Lon market but have to take a bargain- from 20% to 30% discount)
Bach Dang riverside: opposite to Majestic Hotel is on 01 Dong Khoi st, District 01, HCMC
(Recommend: visit to here on evening)
Can Gio Beach
Some tour to Can Gio beach:
(Recommend: You can take 02 buses to Can Gio beach yourself:
From Ben Thanh Bus Station (in front of Ben Thanh Market), take a bus No.20 to Binh Khanh ferry (Nha Be District - 3000dong/pax). When the bus stop. You buy a ticket ferry (1000dong/pax no motor). After pass the Binh Khanh ferry, you take a bus No.90 to Can Gio Beach.
On the way to Can Gio beach, you can stop to visit Vam Sat, Mokey Insland, ....
Ask the bus driver or bus assistant the place you want to stop. (cos there is not any fix station).
Highest Building in Ho chi minh city
TOURISM LOCATIONS IN NEIGHBOR CITIES
Mekong river delta
Tour to Da Lat
Vung Tau beach
Phu Quoc island
Mui Ne, Phan Thiet
FOODS AND RESTAURANTS
Bun bo Hue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BAn_b%C3%B2_Hu%E1%BA%BF): Bun Bo Hue Dong Ba restaurant, 110A Nguyen Du st, Ben Thanh ward, District 1.
Lau ca keo (hot spot includes a special kind of fish : http://naungon.com/lau-ca-bong-keo-la-giang/): 4 Nguyen Thi Dieu st, ward 6, district 3
Pan cake (made from rice, green bean, meat, shrimp,…: http://www.gianghuongvietnam.com/vi/thong-tin-su-kien/thong-tin-am-thuc/58-banh-xeo-da-nang.html) 74 Suong Nguyet Anh, Ben Thanh ward, district 1 or 190 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, ward 6, district 3.
Sweet food (made from water, sticky rice, green bean, sugar, many kinds of beans,…: http://naungon.com/huong-vi-che/) Che Ky Dong, 153/7 Ky Dong st, ward 9, district 3
* Sweet foods: 399/43 Nguyen Dinh Chieu st, District 3
* Beef with a kind of leaf Co Lien: 321 Vo Van Tan, Distict 3 (at the intersection of Vo Van Tan and Nguyen Thuong Hien)
* Rice 07 Shop: 07 Nguyen Van Trang, District 1 (at the intersection of Nguyen Van Trang and Le Lai)
* Cho Do Do shop: 10/14 Luong Huu Khanh, District 1, HCMC (rice with food of Center area of Vietnam)
* Sticky rice and sweet foods: 111 - 111 Bui Thi Xuan, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1(at the intersection of Bui Thi Xuan and Cong Quynh)
* Snacks: 51/44 Cao Thang, ward 3, District 3, HCM or
Nguyen Canh Chan st, District 1, HCMC
* Pha lau (made from cow stomach, liver and organs, coconut sauce): http://photo.yeah1.com/showthread.php?t=100019&langid=1) 51/22/21 Cao Thang st, District 3 – Ho Chi Minh city
* Banh Căn (rice powder cake is fried; shrimp, octopus, mushroom on the top) , Bánh canh (big rice noodle, soup, fish,…) 98 Le Hong Phong st, ward 4, Dist 5, HCMC
* Campuchia Market (a lots of Campuchia food and Vietnamese food) 374 Le Hong Phong st (alley), ward 1, dist 10, HCMC.
TAXI AND PRIVATE BUS BRANCH
1. Mai Linh taxi, bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&...)
2. Hoan Long taxi, bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&...)
3. Vinasun taxi , bus (http://www.google.com.vn/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&...)
Read it to get information (http://www.vietnamtravel.org/taxis-saigon-avoid-being-taken-...).
HOSTEL and HOTEL
1. Ngoc Thao hostel: 241/4 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1,
2. Ruby Hostel: 241/19A1 Pham Ngu Lao st, District 1,
Price: 7-8 USD/person/day in big room has 4-6 beds.
3. New York Hotel at 175/14 pham ngu lao street, district 1
Price: about 25 USD/room with 2 beds (1 small, 1 large) , you can stay 3 person.
Or about 20 USD/room with 1 beds for 2 person.
4. Ngọc Han hotel: 139-141 Ho Ba Kien street, District 10.
Price: 15-16 USD/day in a private room for 2 people. This hotel is new brand.
Be careful with your phones, bags, wallet, purse when walking and taking a motorbike on the street
Ask price before take a motorbike to go (down to 60-80% for bargain)
Hi can I ask you?
Hey guys I really appreciate all your comments! These are very useful information for me. Thanks!
And yes. What's up, Leng? :)
私は昔ホーチミンに住んでいましたが、pham ngu laoはあまりおすすめできませんw まあ安いですし、たくさん外国人は居ますが、黒人や薬が出回っている地域なので、女性1人では危険かと思います。あとホテルでは盗難が多かった記憶があります。
Please login to answer:
We NEVER post without your permission
Want to check out the list of local activities that showcase what to do in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon/HCMC)? Browse through activities and contact Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon/HCMC) locals!
Copyright© Donuts Bangkok, co. ltd. All rights Reserved.