If you’re in Bangkok, and looking for a great experience and a day trip out of the city, Koh Kret (Koh kret island) is a fun place to visit.
Koh Kred is a tiny island in the Chao Phraya River, located in Nonthaburi Province, only 30-45 minutes drive or tail boat from Bangkok. On this island live a community of craftmen famous for their distinctive style of pottery which dates back many centuries. They are all hand-made piece-by-piece and you can see the process. The people who live on Koh Kred and nearby are the descendants of the Mon people, and they have managed to retain the skills of their forefathers.
. The Chao Phraya express boat runs from Sathorn Pier to Pak Kret pier, but only between 06.15 and 08.05 in the morning. (฿15 ($0.4))
. You can choose how to get there.
- take taxi to Wat Sanam Nua (Ferries cross the channel). (฿120 ($3.4))
- public bus 32 to Pak Kret (Ferries cross the channel). (฿10 ($0.2))
- take local boat transportation to Koh kret island. (฿500-800 ($14-23))
. Ferries at peir cross the island from Wat Sanam Nua to Koh kret every few minutes. (฿2 ($0.05))
. Walk around the island about 1.5-2 hours. Another option are renting a bicycle on the island.
. Ferry crossing island to go back.
You can go to Koh Kret any day of the week (8:00 am - 17:00 pm), but the best time to visit is during the weekend when many vendors take to the lanes, especially around the temples, and sell food and all sorts of other random things.
BTS Saphan taksin
Price Doesn't Include:
. transportation : about ฿200 ($6)
. food : less than ฿200 ($6)
. souvenirs etc.
Login / Register
► About Me
- Hi, guys. We are both. We love traveling and getting know about other country's and exchange experiences with other visitors. We are happy to guide you in Bangkok.
If you want to learn Thai we glad to teach you and we can exchange language because we really love to practice every language.
Don't worry we are kind. Nice to meet you :)
► My Hobbies
- Yoga, Badminton, Drawing, Cooking
► Favorite Quotes
- Flowers, Sea, Mountain
► My best travel experience
- Temple, Museum, Street walk, Shopping, Local food.
Copyright© Donuts Bangkok, co. ltd. All rights Reserved.
We NEVER post without your permission